Views
Helpful
Replies

Join webex from a SX20

BigApple
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks

I have recently purchased my first Cisco Product. (SX20)  

The only reason i actually use it is to join to webex calls.  I like the fact that it natively encodes the videos much better into webex then any virtual camera driver/software. 

But i am facing a few issues with this solution. 

The Firmware of the SX20 is rather on the older side. TCNC6.2.0.20b1616

And for some reason when i connect to the SX20 from the Webex call no Apple OS computer can see my footage in fullscreen . Only on Gridview (And even that is buggy)  It works great on Ipads and Iphones but not on Apple Desktops and Computers. 

I am not sure if that is because of the older OS the SX20 is running on ?   I would like to just tell them don't use Apple Computers to connect but that is of course not reasonable.  Has only one seen this issue or some solutions that is could try to make it work.   I would be willing to purchase a release key or software if that can help fix the problem.    Thank you very much for your thoughts. 

1 Reply 1

PeteW
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

On the software side, first yes this is old software, TCNC6.2 was released in June 2014. The latest on the TC train is TCNC7.3.21, released March 2020. The SX20 supports the newer CE software also so you could also migrate to CENC9.13.

If you could upgrade to TCNC6.3 I believe the release key requirement has been removed, the problem is that this deferred software due to its age so it is not available for download. Do you have access to Cisco.com for software downloads?

Another thing to point out is that this device is a non-crypto unit, as stated by the 'NC' portion of the software build, it is more common to have a crypto device, but perhaps you are in a market that forbids them?

As to the issue itself, I'm not clear on what the symptom is exactly, as it seems you are saying video does go to the conference and can be seen in the grid layout by anyone, but then it does not appear in other circumstances. If you elaborate on what steps are taken to cause the issue we may be able to help further, but I would say the first priority is to run the device on recent software.