cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Noise issue from WebEx room kit Pro

declanrafferty1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am using a Webex room kit Pro and it is connected to a Tesira Forte. The Tesira is picking noise from the codec even when i am not in a call, this noise cannot be heard when recording a call be when i play the recording back i can hear this noise. Is there a setting on the codec to stop this? 

1 Accepted Solution

declanrafferty1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Sabastian.. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

fletcher.j
Level 1
Level 1

We have just installed three new Pro devices in a some of our classrooms. I've never run into this with our other units, but on all of these the output (Output 1) sound like a Model T running down the road with an industrial strength bubble maker strapped to it. Ours also are going into a Tesira device. You can only hear it on our recordings, but it is causing all types of hate and discontent in the ranks. 

Ultrasound got it!

henrykyburg
Level 1
Level 1

We have dozens of WebEx Roomkit Pro units. They all output bad audio out analog output 1. In a call or not. All Proximity and Ultrasound and phantom power off. All sources muted in the Audio Console. The issue is a high frequency distorted static noise. All of our units are doing this. I have recordings to demonstrate. The level of the noise is low enough that most people might not complain, but as a professional I know it's causing fatigue in our learners at University of California.

Hi did you get a solution for this as we are having the same issue on the WebEx SX80's connected to a Tesira only started on Friday did Cisco update anything as the Proximity Pairing Ultrasound Max Volume is set to zero which used to be off.

This high pitch whining can only be heard on the recording, not during the live session?

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Cisco sent me instructions (below) but the issue remains. 

---

Let’s try the following for ultrasound:

Please go to the endpoints UI and go to: Standby > WakeUpOnMotionDetection

Please check if that’s off, if not, please turn it off, and reduce the ultrasound “Max volume” to 0

Don’t forget to click “Save” so we can have that configuration applied.

If the ultrasound keeps activating, please use the following command:

*c xConfiguration RoomAnalytics PeoplePresence Input Ultrasound: Off

Ultrasound MaxVolume took care of ours! Thanks.

You should be able to turn Proximity Off completely via the web interface rather than just setting the max volume to zero.

It would probably also pay to add a low-pass filter to your Tesira for the input that the codec's output is connected to, to drop the ultrasound frequencies that Proximity uses so they don't end up at your recording solution.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne 

declanrafferty1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Sabastian.. 

Does the Tesira require power from the codec? If not you should disable the phantom power from the inputs.

Audio Input Microphone [1..8] PhantomPower
Define whether or not to have phantom power (48 V +/- 1 V) on the microphone input.
Requires user role: ADMIN, INTEGRATOR
Default value: On
Value space: Off/On
Off: Disable the phantom power on the microphone input. Use this when connecting to
equipment that do not need phantom power, such as external mixers.
On: Enable the phantom power on the microphone input. Use this when connecting
directly to microphones that require phantom power, including the Cisco Table
Microphone and Cisco Ceiling Microphone.