cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity Function Works on Proximity App but not on Webex App.

The proximity function in the Webex Desktop App seems to be inconsistent especially with rooms that utilize a DSP. The proximity app does not seem to have a problem connecting with these rooms, however. Is there a difference between proximity in the proximity app and proximity in the desktop app? Our business consistently uses the Webex App in conference rooms, so we would like to have more consistency in these rooms using the Webex App. Is there an API or a setting that we can utilize to enhance the consistency of the proximity feature in the Webex App? 

2 Replies 2

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Aaron:

One suggestion I have is that you can increase the volume of the ultrasound used by proximity, maybe that will help, you can do this from the local device configuration.

Here's an example on how to do it from Control Hub, but this can be done by going to the Device Configuration UI From the device also:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/xwu77e/Change-Your-Settings-in-Cisco-Webex-Share#task_01AF8867FBA8AECBCC7AC6D11E8CF97C

horacio.benedicto
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have never had any problems with the proximity feature in the Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, and Webex App (the new unified application).
The Proximity application was last updated 1 year ago (version 2.2.0) and prior to that, version 2.0.3 is 4 years old.
Clearly, proximity is a feature that was incorporated directly into the webex apps, with total logic.
It is very strange what you say. I can't help you, it hasn't happened to me.

El hombre "NO ES", el hombre "ESTÁ" .... Y todos los estados son modificables.
The man "is not", the man "IS" ... and all states are modifiable