cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is the Cisco Webex Desk device printed in Mexico with a sticker?

• Why is the Cisco Webex Desk device printed in Mexico with a sticker, and it is made in China after being torn off?
    *The client is the Ministry of National Defense of the Republic of China
    *Customer can't accept *8/23-24 Please provide Cisco official documentation to me!!

Spencer Wei Wejun Technology Co., Ltd. 11F.-2, No.108, Minquan W. Rd., Datong Dist., Taipei City 103, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
    Mobile: +886-958050250
    Tel: +886-2-25528000 EXT10
    Fax: +886-2-25520415
    Email: spencer@wejun.tw
1 Accepted Solution

Ah, now that I see the PID CS-DESK-MM-K9 which the data sheet says is a special Made in Mexico variant, my guess is they either mass printed the original label and didn’t want to make one specific to that rare SKU (basically just there for TAA) or forgot and needed to fix it during production. Either way that won’t be publicly documented; reach out to the customer’s Cisco account team and ask them to work with the BU for the answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

According to the information I have inquired, the origin of Cisco Desk products cannot be changed to Mexico with a sticker, because this violates Taiwan's origin labeling regulations. Here's some relevant information :

Cisco Desk is a product series of Cisco, which mainly provides desktop video conferencing and collaboration equipment.

Cisco is an American multinational technology company headquartered in San Jose, California.

Taiwan's country of origin labeling regulations stipulate that the origin of the product behind must be consistent with the country or region where the final product is actually manufactured, processed or blended.

If a sticker is used to change the origin, the following conditions must be met:

Products are imported food or food additives that have been sorted, graded, subpackaged, packaged, marked or relabeled.

The place of origin on the sticker must be marked in Chinese, and must be conspicuous and firm.

The source of origin on the sticker shall not be considered as a substantial transformation, that is, the nature or function of the original product shall not be changed.

Therefore, the origin on the back of a Cisco Desk product cannot be changed to Mexico with a sticker unless the product is manufactured, processed, or blended into the final product in Mexico. Otherwise, this may cause misunderstanding or confusion among consumers and violate Taiwan's consumer protection laws.

Cisco Webex Desk device printed in Mexico with a sticker, and it is made in China after being torn offCisco Webex Desk device printed in Mexico with a sticker, and it is made in China after being torn off.jpg

Ah, now that I see the PID CS-DESK-MM-K9 which the data sheet says is a special Made in Mexico variant, my guess is they either mass printed the original label and didn’t want to make one specific to that rare SKU (basically just there for TAA) or forgot and needed to fix it during production. Either way that won’t be publicly documented; reach out to the customer’s Cisco account team and ask them to work with the BU for the answer.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have a picture of what you’re trying to describe? I don’t follow.