Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebEx Collaboration Endpoint API to ServiceNow

cwade23
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

I have a java script that I am using that was created and uploaded on github that allows for a Report Issue button to be placed on Cisco Navigator and allows user to create and submit an incident to ServiceNow. 

This script is working a it should but I am looking to enhance this by having the API go out and pull that call log of the last placed call then add that data to the Description field in ServiceNow or as an attachment

Below is the payload being sent to ServiceNow:

"caller_id":"SVC-SNOW-CISCO CONF","description":systemInfo.systemName + systemInfo.softwareVersion + systemInfo.softwareReleaseDate,"contact_type":"integration","category":"collaboration","subcategory":"conf room","u_symptom":"error","assignment_group":"<assignment group here but is redacted>","short_description":message 

A script that I saw that I might be able to include in the Report Issue API:
//async function callHistory() {
 // const history = await this.xapi.command("CallHistory Recents", {Limit: 1, DetailLevel: "Full"});
  //console.log(history);
 //return history;
//}

What I do not understand is how to pull and to add the output from the async function and included into the payload I shared above

This is a link to the original API on github:

Thank you in advance for your support
3 Replies 3

Rudrakshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@cwade23 What issue do you face with the xAPI CallHistory Recents? Are you able to test the script with callHistory() function?

As I understand your query, looks like you want to first fetch details from the xAPI CallHistory Recents and then add the response to the payload that you're sending to ServiceNow.

If that's the correct understanding, although I'm not aware of your code setup but probably you can consider using JavaScript Promise. You can first make the xAPI CallHistory Recents call and once that promise is resolved, you can append its response to the payload that you're sending to report issue to ServiceNow.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rudrakshi Srivastava

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@cwade23 based on your description I am not sure what the ask is here. Do you have any issues with the xAPI CallHistory Recents or are you just looking for coding advice?

Well both I think
I need coding advice on if it is possible to retrieve the CallHistory then add it to the description field in ServiceNow