cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not find a room with provided ID.

Javier Rocha
Level 1
Level 1

We have an integration that pushes messages to Webex using the API, this worked well for a while with our integration user. This integration user was somehow tied to my personal webex user but this worked fine. However, last week it  looks like  someone made changes to the integration user and now I cannot push messages. I get error

Could not find a room with provided ID.

I can still push messages with my personal webex user. 

It seems I have to change the ownership of these spaces to the integration user which probably has another id, how can I do that ?

Checking

https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/rooms/update-a-room

I don't see a way to change Creatorid using the rooms endpoint.

1 Accepted Solution

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Javier Rocha ,

Thanks for your patience so far!
First thing first, usually the Webex Integrations can't be accessed by anyone else since integrations are by default kept in Private mode from Control Hub, until & unless you share your Integration credentials details to someone else.
If any other person has your Integration credentials, he/she can generate a fresh Access Token out of it and start making API calls on your behalf.

One more important thing, when you tried to find the room, did you use the Integration Token for that API Call?
Asking because lot of time we make this common mistake that room was created using the Integration token, but when we try to find it - we use the default Token in Developer Token. We miss to toggle off the Token field and use the Integration Access Token there.

Otherwise looking at the error, it looks like the room/space might have been already deleted or, you're not part of that room anymore. That's the reason you're getting that error.

Could you kindly try to create a membership using this API - https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/memberships/create-a-membership and please provide the roomId in the API Request and also use your Integration Token for this API Call.
If you receive a Success response, then it means the room still exists and you've again become part of that room.

Let us know how it goes!
Based on your experience, we can assist you on this further.

Regards!
Sandip

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Javier Rocha ,

Thanks for your patience so far!
First thing first, usually the Webex Integrations can't be accessed by anyone else since integrations are by default kept in Private mode from Control Hub, until & unless you share your Integration credentials details to someone else.
If any other person has your Integration credentials, he/she can generate a fresh Access Token out of it and start making API calls on your behalf.

One more important thing, when you tried to find the room, did you use the Integration Token for that API Call?
Asking because lot of time we make this common mistake that room was created using the Integration token, but when we try to find it - we use the default Token in Developer Token. We miss to toggle off the Token field and use the Integration Access Token there.

Otherwise looking at the error, it looks like the room/space might have been already deleted or, you're not part of that room anymore. That's the reason you're getting that error.

Could you kindly try to create a membership using this API - https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/memberships/create-a-membership and please provide the roomId in the API Request and also use your Integration Token for this API Call.
If you receive a Success response, then it means the room still exists and you've again become part of that room.

Let us know how it goes!
Based on your experience, we can assist you on this further.

Regards!
Sandip

Thanks Sandip, it's working now, the integration user needs to be part of every space.

Correct! That's right @jrochari !
Glad to hear things are working now. Thanks for the confirmation.