Views
Helpful
Replies

Get roomId of a team's General space

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,
I want to retrieve the ID for a space by name "General" under "Webex Production Triage" Team , How do i do that , I could retrieve the Team ID alone but not the Space ID under the team , to send message using the /POST request on /room

11 Replies 11

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the teamId in the list-rooms API here: https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/rooms/list-rooms and once you get all the rooms within that team, the "General" space will be the one who's title is the team's name. For example, in your case your team's name is "Webex Production Triage", then the title of the general room will be that. 

I am not able to find a room with the same name as the team / with the name "General" from the list received from list rooms API given a teamId

What exactly is your result when you try this? Do you get an error or something else?

Can you share the API request you made? Please provide the trackingID too, you can get it from the response headers.

Is the user making the request part of the team and space you're trying to retrieve?

{
"id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1RFQU0vNGNlMDI1NDAtMGE1Ny0xMWU3LThhMjQtNzVhYmEyNWNkOWIz",
"name": "Webex Production Triage (Synthetic)",
"creatorId": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1BFT1BMRS8yZDlmYmYyZi1mZDEyLTQxODAtYjM4MC0wNTZkNWMzOGYzN2M",
"created": "2017-03-16T14:46:12.628Z"
}

This is the team ID, and I am using the developer. webex.com to run these APIs from UI 

And when trying to list rooms using the above team ID, I am not able to retrieve the space ID for the General

Thanks, can you share the request and response you made to the /rooms API?

Please also share the trackingId (in the response headers, which if using developer.webex.com, can be found in the Browser's developer tools, in the network tab.) so we can check logs.

Or if this is not possible for you, please create a ticket with us by emailing devsupport@webex.com describing the issue you have and providing your access token so that we can test it on our side.

Thanks, can you share the request and response you made to the /rooms API?

Please also share the trackingId (in the response headers, which if using developer.webex.com, can be found in the Browser's developer tools, in the network tab.) so we can check logs.

Or if this is not possible for you, please create a ticket with us by emailing devsupport@webex.com describing the issue you have and providing your access token so that we can test it on our side.

WEBEX-DEV-PORTAL_293c1360-3728-403b-a085-64fa41be09c6_8 -- trackingID

We'd need the full request and response you're making as well, to match the logs. Our logs don't store those for security reasons.

Can you also confirm that the user who is making the request is part of the team and room?

User swaas , I have shared the req and response as attachments on Webex

swaas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PFA Req and Response

replied on webex in 1:1 chat.