cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you relate room id from embedded app to api?

damienostler1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get the room id that relates to the id's in the WebEx API from the room id that you can retrieve in the embedded app sdk and can not seem to find any documentation, examples, or any conversation about the problem. Can someone please point me in the right direction or explain what these "Spaces" are if they are not rooms. When I was reading the documentation for the embedded app sdk I noticed that they referred to the spaces as rooms in parenthesis afterwards, and I wasn't sure if that meant that it is the same thing or not.

1 Accepted Solution

damienostler1
Level 1
Level 1

The problem ended up being that the ID that you retrieve from the REST API is a string with a region path and the id at the end, base64 encoded. If you decode the ID you recieve from the REST API and remove everything before, and including the last slash, you will have the ID that the embedded app sdk gives you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

damienostler1
Level 1
Level 1

The problem ended up being that the ID that you retrieve from the REST API is a string with a region path and the id at the end, base64 encoded. If you decode the ID you recieve from the REST API and remove everything before, and including the last slash, you will have the ID that the embedded app sdk gives you.

Rudrakshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When I was reading the documentation for the embedded app sdk I noticed that they referred to the spaces as rooms in parenthesis afterwards, and I wasn't sure if that meant that it is the same thing or not.

Space/Room is used interchangeably but refers to same entity. We would recommend you to please refer to Embedded Apps documentation to gain in-depth knowledge about it. In context of Space/Room ID:

Space

Represents a Space object returned by a call to getSpace().

Properties

• id string -- ID of the space (room) in which the app is running. If app.isPrivateDataAvailable is true this property is set to the ID of the Webex space, and can used with the Webex REST APIs. If app.isPrivateDataAvailable is false this property is set to a unique ("derived") value that is guaranteed to be consistent for all app users, but cannot be used with the Webex REST APIs.

source: https://developer.webex.com/docs/embedded-apps-api-reference#Space

We have replied to your support ticket as well. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rudrakshi Srivastava
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.