cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make a guest user join a Webex Meetings session by REST API

Lajos Demeter
Level 1
Level 1

Preparing for the EOL of the GetjoinurlMeeting XML API, I try to make a guest user join a Webex Meetings session programmatically by REST API. The concept was to create an access token by Guest Issuer (this works) then exchanging the access token for a login ticket by GetLoginTicket XML API, finally logging the user in by the p.php?AT=LI URL API using the received ticket.

However, when I try to send a GetLoginTicket request with the proper webExAccessToken and the webExID equal to the "sub" value in the JWT token, the API returns the following:

<serv:response>
    <serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>
    <serv:reason>CI/OAuth access token is invalid</serv:reason>
    <serv:gsbStatus>PRIMARY</serv:gsbStatus>
    <serv:exceptionID>050003</serv:exceptionID>
</serv:response>

Is this normal, and the GetLoginTicket  XML API is not expected to work with tokens issued by the Guest Issuer, or do I miss something?

Thanks in advance for your explanation.

1 Reply 1

hazeena farook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guest Users do not have a registered Webex account, however, it is possible to join meetings with Guests and here is the documentation for it: https://developer.webex.com/docs/guest-issuer .

You have not sent us the full request you are making so I am only guessing with regards to the error message, but it is possible that you are using the wrong username in the XML request. Please make sure that you are using the correct <securityContext> elements along with the access token. In case you are still having issues, we will need the full request you are making along with response, you may send an email to devsupport@webex.com