cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

List Licenses, does not return values for Webex Assistant for Meetings

simonunivonix
Level 1
Level 1

When I call the Get Licenses API, the response contains all license types apart from "Webex Assistant for Meetings," which has been assigned to 7 of the users in my tenant. 

When I call the Get Person API, for a user with this license applied, the license section of the response includes the Id "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL0xJQ0VOU0UvYjJiMTE3YWItZjI3Mi00ZjJhLThmNzYtZGI5MjhiNWZhZGMzOldBTV8yNzM2ZjkyYy01MzEwLTQ1MTItOGM2NC05ZGMyMGNlMGEwMjk," which, due to the fact that it was missing in the Get Licenses API response, I presume is the Id for the missing "Webex Assistant for Meetings" license.

Is there another API call I should be using to acquire the license Id for "Webex Assistant for Meetings"?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

I got a reply from Dev Support as follows:
This is due to WAM licenses not being of any use anymore and therefore being removed, see the changelog for this here: https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/changelog#:~:text=on%20success.-,November%201%2C%202023,-New.
So, to clarify, the licenses described in the above API changelog will not be returned by the /licenses API anymore as they're no longer of any use. But we do not manage User licenses for our customers, this is something that's completely managed by each customer on their side. Hence, these unused licenses may still be assigned to users. You can remove them from each user if you wish, but in any case, leaving them assigned will not incur any issues for those users.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

If you do a base64decode on the license id, you will notice a string WAM in there -- looks like your assumption is right.

I'd suggest opening a case with Dev support in order to align the API behavior and have it returned by the Get Licenses Endpoint as well.

I got a reply from Dev Support as follows:
This is due to WAM licenses not being of any use anymore and therefore being removed, see the changelog for this here: https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/changelog#:~:text=on%20success.-,November%201%2C%202023,-New.
So, to clarify, the licenses described in the above API changelog will not be returned by the /licenses API anymore as they're no longer of any use. But we do not manage User licenses for our customers, this is something that's completely managed by each customer on their side. Hence, these unused licenses may still be assigned to users. You can remove them from each user if you wish, but in any case, leaving them assigned will not incur any issues for those users.