cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

/meetings API - The server understood the request, but refused to...

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
"message": "The server understood the request, but refused to fulfill it because the access token is missing required scopes or the user is missing required roles or licenses.",
"errors": [
{
"description": "The server understood the request, but refused to fulfill it because the access token is missing required scopes or the user is missing required roles or licenses."
}
],
"trackingId": "ROUTER_62431B41-9C3C-01BB-1348-0AFE38171348"

Above is the response I am getting from /v1/meetings (GET method) with valid access token. Anyone can help me in identifying the root cause?. I am having spark:all permission enabled in my app integration.

3 Replies 3

@Jeff Marshall ,
I have User with admin role.
Also, I have integration with a meeting related scopes selected. Still I am facing same issue.
Below is the screenshot for created integration.

prashantchinchkar_0-1727438740994.png

I also tried to get access token again with meeting related scopes, where I received below response  which doesn't include meeting scopes.

{
"access_token": "****************",
"expires_in": 1209599,
"refresh_token": "***********",
"refresh_token_expires_in": 7767565,
"token_type": "Bearer",
"scope": "identity:groups_rw spark:all spark:kms identity:groups_read spark-admin:people_write spark-admin:roles_read identity:tokens_write identity:people_read identity:tokens_read identity:people_rw spark-admin:people_read"
}

Could you please advice?
Thanks

Sounds like maybe whatever user you're using to authorize with the integration doesn't have a meeting host license. The scopes in your screenshot are user/host level scopes and require that the user have a host license. For an admin there are admin specific scopes, such as meeting:admin_schedule_read. You can see what scopes work which which roles on https://developer.webex.com/docs/meetings#scopes-and-user-roles.

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The /meetings API requires specific scopes that are no included with the spark:all scope. You will need to ensure that your integration has the appropriate meeting related scopes selected. Additionally, the user making the API request has to have a meeting license and have a host or admin role.