Views
Helpful
Replies

MS365 Power Automate HTTP Request to Webex Bot

bdayawan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

has anyone created a power automate flow to command webex bot to send 1-1 message notifications to webex users using HTTP connector?
We are trying to command webex bot using HTTP connector in power automate, but getting an "InternalServerError".
The purpose of using bot via HTTP connector to avoid sending messages using Webex User account.

Kindly let me know if somone manage to implement this flow successfully.
Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

bdayawan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team

We managed to connect Webex bot using Power automate HTTP request. We were trying to send specific messages to users based on the emails that we received included specific subject type

bdayawan_0-1709892711520.png

Reason for the server error was, there were space after past the bot token in HTTP header. Once remove those spaces. It worked fine. To avoid this errors in future, we initialize and compose bot token separately 

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@bdayawan I haven't tried this before on Power Automate, but found a training which might help, see here: Introduction - Training | Microsoft Learn.

There is an option there to use OAuth but with our bots, you already get the access token from the developer portal upon creation of the bot so you don't need to do this. Maybe you can check what's possible under the "Enter custom value" option. If it allows you to enter your own request Header then you could enter the "Authorization" Header with the bot's token as its value.

Just a suggestion, not sure if it will work and I don't have a way to test this theory. Hope it helps. 

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @bdayawan
Could you kindly share us the complete Error you're getting here, may be there would be an error trackingId present for that error.
If you could share that, we can check the logs for that specific error and would be good to investigate further.

Also, are you using a Webhook for replying to specific messages via Bot, if yes - could you kindly share us that Webhook details as well?

Regards!
Sandip

bdayawan_0-1709892813291.png