cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off spell correction only for BOT while its on for human to human

gocg
Level 1
Level 1

Can we have some feature to Turn off spell correction only for BOT while it is ON for human to human chat ?

Bots usually use keywords to interpret and need not to be grammatically/spell corrected .

3 Replies 3

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not really clear what your goal is. To be honest I am not even sure what you mean by 'spell correction', maybe you could elaborate on that. Are you saying you'd like the 'spell correction' to be turned off for when a bot is @mentioned and then a command is added (such as help command) or just in general conversation, as in while the bot is replying to some command?

Or something else?

Also, which bot do you refer to, one built by you/your org or one that we support?

In any case, spell correction would probably need to be something that's added through code logic, so if it is your own bot then you would need to add that yourself... or remove it, if that's what you want to do. 

when I chat to bot user  or when a bot is @mentioned  , I would like to disable spell correction. Meanwhile i would like to enable spell correction for all other usual webex conversations. 

Ok thanks, I know there isn't any way to do this through API, at least not directly. Not sure whether there are some client settings on the webex app or maybe in Control Hub, you could check those possibly. We would mainly deal with the API/SDK side of things so I don't know whether there are CH configurations maybe that could allow you to achieve this. I checked on help.webex.com and couldn't find anything.