cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to see the context of notification

skyama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am using Webex bot and Webex apis to send messages using toPersonEmail, text and attachments , in attachments I am using the adaptive cards. whenever I send a message I am unable to get the context of the message as the notification popup Instead I am getting "BOT_name shared a card , click to view message" .How to fix this ?

Screenshot 2024-06-18 190515.png

4 Replies 4

Rudrakshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@skyama When you say context of the message w.r.t the adaptive card that the bot has sent, do you mean content of the card should be visible in the notification?

If not, could you please elaborate with an example (may be a screenshot), what do you mean by context of the message here?

If yes, then I believe your concern is related to this feature request submitted on our User Community Feedback Portal: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-14411. You can upvote it if it has the same case as yours or you can also submit a new feature request via the portal itself. The higher the number of votes for an idea, the higher its chance to get selected for future implementation by our Product Management team.

Best regards,
Rudrakshi Srivastava

@Rudrakshi I mean the preview of the card is not possible in the notification itself and as Patrick mentioned in the feedback there are almost no users with webex not supporting the card view inorder to use the text as an alternative. What I was expecting is the notification banner show the "text" field of webex message as a preview/context such that the user/client would choose to open or understand the content of the card recieved.

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @skyama,

Thanks for your patience so far!
To answer your question, this Webex Banner style message notification is actually doesn't get handled by the Webex API.
It depends on what notification style and options you've selected for Webex Application in your Device.
It looks like you're using a Windows device here and you should go through this Help Documentation instructions to access the Webex Notifications options in Windows device and make necessary changes according to your need - https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/5wy2h0/Webex-App-%7C-Smart-notifications-on-multiple-devices

Like I've shared the Webex Notifications settings for my Mac device through a screenshot attached and as you can see, I've enabled the "Show Previews" as default.
I think in your case it must be OFF and you probably need to enable it.

Hope this helps!
Please let us know for any further assistance.

Regards!
Sandip

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 11.09.15 AM.png

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back on this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

Hello Sandip, Thanks for the help, but I hope you didn't get my concern as it is. I am using webex APIs , the developer tools not the client side webex app. I am unable to see the context of the message when I also attach the adaptive cards in the message. I even checked for the same in Mac also. It is the same over there. Please look into the issue and reply at the very soon possible