cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Chat Message using Integration App and API

Vimox Shah
Level 1
Level 1

We are creating a custom integration app. Then users will add this app to their workspaces. Now, whenever we are sending messages using api and the access token of that app user's are not able to see the direct app name for the message. It shows like <authorizeduser name> via <our integration app name>. Like below-attached screenshot. we want only Our Integration app name. How can we achieve it?

Also Is it possible the user can mention our app name and we pass some commands that we can get it webhook?

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 3.41.45 PM.png

3 Replies 3

Vimox Shah
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I have created Integration app and integrated with webex teams. I am not able to mention the app or send message to the app. If I can send message to the app then I will be able to get the webhook. can you please guide how can I do it?

As Janos said, integrations act on behalf of a user, they do not have an own identity or so. Therefore, they cannot be mentioned not can they do something on their own.

What you described sound more like the use case of a bot. Simply register a bot and use its token in your app. If the app is only for messaging it should work fine

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Vimox Shah seeing the <authorizeduser name> via <our integration app name> is expected behaviour, this is how OAuth integration users are represented in the Webex clients. If you don't want the user's name to be displayed you can consider using a bot for messaging.

Also Is it possible the user can mention our app name and we pass some commands that we can get it webhook?

- Yes, this is possible and this is how bots work. For integrations, the authorized user has to create a webhook in order to get notified of messages.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.