Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Rest API client credentials grant

Hi, 

there's a piece of functionality that I'm working on, that requires accessing meetings information (basic + participants)

but as I can see, the only authorization option available is grant flow, which doesn't really fit my case, since I need this operation to be performed by an application, not a user. Is there any option that I could use for such matter?

I've seen other similar posts on the forum, but those use cases included messaging, so it does not work for my case, unfortunately...

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@MaksymRossiitsev every time you use the refresh token to refresh the access token, the validity of the refresh token will be reset to 90 days again. There is a small delay built in with the updating of the expiration date for the refresh token, due to performance reasons, so it will refresh any time between 1-5 days. But it will be reset to 90 days again.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Meeting operations require a meeting license, a bot will never have that. Therefore it will only work with an integration authorized by the oauth flow.

You may run that flow once and Renee that token periodically. That will create something similar as required.

Yeah, I thought about that, actually. The only thing that seems a bit off is that this would require keeping the refreshToken on an application side, and it's only 3 months that it'd be active... 

There's no way to extend the default 3 months to anything longer than that, correct?