Views
Helpful
Replies

Webinar Missing from Rest API

ADP89
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Webex Community,

I am trying to pull the participants list using  /v1/meetingParticipants call. It works for all the webinars I am interested except for one.

This webinar, a meetingSeries one, was restarted by mystake by the host a few hours after the event was finished.

The fact is that via the REST-APIs if I list the meetings for that day I can see only the second instance of the webinar, the one which was started by mistake. I cannot see the "real" one and then get it's id to pull the participants list. The WebUI portal instead shows me everything.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Many Thanks in advance,

ADP

1 Accepted Solution

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is likely because you are using the meetingSeriesId instead of the meeting instanceId. The meeting instanceId is formatted as XXXX_I_XXXX and is used to pull data for a specific instance of a meeting/webinar. If you're using the meetingSeriesId then the /meetingParticipants API will only return participants for the most recent instance of that meeting. Being that the meeting was stopped and restarted this would mean it would have two instances and to pull the first one you need to use the meeting instanceId for that instance. You can get the meeting instanceId by querying /meetings?meetingSeriesId=<id>&meetingType=meeting. This should return all instance of the meeting so you can check each one.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is likely because you are using the meetingSeriesId instead of the meeting instanceId. The meeting instanceId is formatted as XXXX_I_XXXX and is used to pull data for a specific instance of a meeting/webinar. If you're using the meetingSeriesId then the /meetingParticipants API will only return participants for the most recent instance of that meeting. Being that the meeting was stopped and restarted this would mean it would have two instances and to pull the first one you need to use the meeting instanceId for that instance. You can get the meeting instanceId by querying /meetings?meetingSeriesId=<id>&meetingType=meeting. This should return all instance of the meeting so you can check each one.

L-E-G-E-N-D

That was it. Thank you for the hint I was not aware of this instances.

BTW the /meetings?meetingSeriesId=<id>&meetingType=meeting is returning me an empty list.. I have found the instance id by /v1/meetings?meetingType=meeting&from={FOO}&to={BAR} which is weird but fine.. The real game changer is ?meetingType=meeting

Thank you Jeff!

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@ADP89 maybe the best would be to open a ticket with our team - email to devsupport@webex.com - and send us some concrete examples, so we can check it. Thanks