cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

with multiple license, can we host live meetings at a same time

oyehoye
Level 1
Level 1

we want to host multiple meetings concurrently (for our online classes) using nodeJs. so i want to know that, Is it possible to do on our own web platform using webex api ?

5 Replies 5

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The JS SDK will let you host multiple meetings at the same time but as mentioned there are limitation to the number you can have active at one time.

Thanks Jeff for your response.
I can understand about limitation, but for an approx idea can we host upto 5-10 classes at a time concurrently.

The official answer is 1 meeting per host but that doesn't seem to be enforced when using the JS SDK. Did a test and was able to start/join 10 meetings using the same host account at the same time with the SDK. You could test to see what you are able to achieve.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Depending on your license you can be the "host" of several meetings but there is a limit on how many can be held concurrently.  The system will let you schedule them almost infinetly but I believe the limit on how many can be active at one time is around 3-5.  We did this several years ago for a similar need for oneline classes and discovered our limitation by simply scheduling about 10 meetings for the same time and having multiple people start the meetings until someone got an error that they couldn't start a meeting.

Instead of using meetings, have you considered checking out Webex Events?  It has the ability to host multiple sessions simultanousely but it does require additional licensing.

https://socio.events/ 

Response Signature

thanks for your response Kathy, could you please share the exact figure upto which the system didn't allow new user to connect.