cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latest version of Webex is TERRIBLE!

David.Boston
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone else having SO many problems with the latest version of Webex??

I am a teacher of 6 year olds in Australia trying to do remote teaching. 

I used to be able to mute and unmute kids easily while sharing my screen but the latest version got rid of that.

I used to be able to share my screen without a grey box blocking the kids' view of things, but the latest version has changed that.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Or Webex can you please change this when you do your next update?

Yours in frustration

David

3 Replies 3

sean.eckton
Level 7
Level 7

I'm wondering if this is an issue with the new Webex backend.  Cisco has moved some organizations to the new backend that they've implemented and is, sort of, still in beta in some ways. The behavior and functionality is a little different. At one point it was called converged, then it was called video mesh-ready, now it is the Webex Suite Meetings platform.  Here's an article that shows up how check to see if you're upgraded to the new back end or not:  Webex App | About the Webex Suite meeting platform

Though it is officially released, there is still a beta group out there testing and some deficiencies have been identified.  I think later this year they will be starting to transition everyone to the new platform.  They are actively working on shoring up the issues.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I do support for a K12 district in Colorado.  Would you please let me know if the students in your classes are using Chromebooks, iPads, MS Windows laptops or Apple laptops?  Also which version of Webex are you currently using?  I believe it should be 43.9.1.8.  I had a teacher recently have a problem with 1 student in her class that she was able to mute but not unmute that I'm investigating.  I may be able to assist with some of your issues as well as escalating the issue with Cisco if I'm able to verify these issues impact our staff as well.

Thank you

Response Signature

huhnw
Level 1
Level 1

I too am having serious problems with the "upgrade" in Webex. I can no longer write text boxes on shared files or on a shared screen, and this is a basic tool for my students. I have requested a "rollback" to the previous version. Hopefully these problems will be addressed.