cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Add New Virtual Backgrounds on a Mac

ECohe
Level 1
Level 1

I am on a Macbook/iOS, and I currently have Cisco Webex Meetings version 40.7.6.10. Although I can select one of 3 virtual backgrounds, I see no way to add a new one (I don't seem to have a "+" button or anything like that.).

I would love to be able to add a new background or at least add a company logo to one of the existing backgrounds. Can anyone give me any clues? 

One thing that would be nice would be to know where to find the background image files so I could edit the existing images or possibly just dump in different backgrounds that I find on the internet.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Hello, @Matt_W and @ECohe,

Version 40.7 for Mac only allows for the three virtual backgrounds and no option for adding your own background.

We just upgraded to version 40.8.4.7 for Mac last week and now have the option to add additional backgrounds.

WebexMac_v4.8.4.7.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ECohe
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to install the latest version version 40.8.6.2 on my MacBook (Catalina), but when after rebooting, when I click on Webex start to get into a meeting, something strange happens: I start out on version 40.8.6.2, but once I enter meeting details and go to the meeting,   I am somehow back on 40.7.6.10 and cannot adjust backgrounds (just as before).

Any ideas why this would happen?

This may be due to the fact that the server cluster your organization is in hasn't received the 40.8 upgrade yet.  As @Matt_W mentioned in this thread, "This should be out in August or September (depending on the release cluster your org is in)."

If your server cluster is still on 40.7, I suspect your Webex Desktop app is going to detect this when it launches and revert to the version that is compatible with your service.

That's the only explanation I can think of why this is happening.

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry.  I'm right there with you.  Sadly as of today custom virtual backgrounds is not yet a feature, but is on the roadmap.

Hello, @Matt_W and @ECohe,

Version 40.7 for Mac only allows for the three virtual backgrounds and no option for adding your own background.

We just upgraded to version 40.8.4.7 for Mac last week and now have the option to add additional backgrounds.

WebexMac_v4.8.4.7.png

Check out the release info on version 40.8 (https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Versions-of-Webex-Meetings#id_137328)

This should be out in August or September (depending on the release cluster your org is in).