Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alphabetize or organize Spaces and DMs?

Level 1
Level 1

My company is switching from Slack to Webex (formerly Webex Teams). One feature I haven't figured out is the ability to organize Spaces and DMs, other than to add certain Spaces to Favorites and show them at the top. I liked that Slack automatically separated Channels (Spaces in Webex) from Direct Messages (DMs), and that each list was alphabetized so it was easy to find and continue conversations... 

Does Webex have this feature? If so, how do I access it?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the link for the idea in the User Community Feedback Portal - https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-560

Make sure to add your vote!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

This problem is not resolved. Marking it solved is essentially letting the developer blow off the request. People are asking for this feature on multiple boards and have been for a LONG time. What exactly do you suppose your users need from this tool? The ability to organize communications. Pretty simple. Alpha-order sorting is such an elementary feature there is no excuse not to implement it now.

@forced-to-use-webex - You are correct the problem is not resolved but the question was fully answered and the user was provided a solution that gave them the option to vote on this in the Feedback Portal.  Cisco Developers monitor the Feedback Portal and will update the feature requests.  These feature request is marked as "Future Consideration" and if it is implemented the status will change to "Shipped."  Please use the link below to add your vote for this idea and if you have any other suggestions, please post them as well.  

The Cisco developers are very responsive to users feedback in that portal.  Please continue to use the community to ask questions.  We are here to support each other and make sure everyone is successful.  Your experiences with other virtual meeting platforms will help Cisco to provide a better product while the Cisco Community will help you to become more comfortable using Webex.

Welcome to the Community and hope you will be able to change your user name soon to reflect a more positive outlook toward Webex.

Response Signature

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the link for the idea in the User Community Feedback Portal - https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-560

Make sure to add your vote!

Response Signature

Thanks @Cole Callahan. I voted for it on the User Community Feedback Portal and hope to see it implemented in a future update!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @12347 ,

Thanks for joining us here in the Webex Community. Glad to have you here.

Today, there is not an option to alphabetize your spaces/direct messages. In the User Community Feedback Portal, there is an idea posted to do just that. I recommend you emphasize the need for it by voting for it... The idea goes straight to our product team and is reviewed. You will receive live email updates when/if the idea of that status changes. Right now it is marked for Future Consideration.

However, since you seem new to Webex, there is a tab to separate Direct Messages from Spaces as seen below.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 5.55.07 PM.png

If you do not currently have that view within Webex, you can edit that view by going to Preferences > Messaging .... There you will have a few options to organize your spaces.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 5.52.27 PM.png

 I hope this was helpful and answered your question. Feel free to post any other questions you have here in the community. Cheers.

Response Signature