cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any meeting participant will be able to start recording in 43.1?

panderson25
Level 1
Level 1

In What's new for the latest channel of Webex Meetings

"We’re excited to announce that we’re going to allow cohosts and meeting participants to record a meeting in the cloud."  If this means ANY meeting participant, this is unacceptable.  In an online classroom, or board meeting of 200 participants, ANY participant can start the recording against the host account, without the host's approval?  How was this determined to be OK without any available admin controls to disable this feature?

In our test tenant I currently see the record button as a cohost now, but not a normal participant.  No new controls exist on the admin side.  I am very afraid any participant will be able to start recording soon without notice.

3 Replies 3

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

They should have been more clear with the feature description.  You are given the option to allow participants to record but it's not on by default.  by default, only hosts and cohosts can record.2023-01-20_8-30-20.png

jingjhua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you don't need this feature, you can contact Cisco WebEx TAC to disable it for your site

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I'm on version 43.1.4.9 and logged in as a guest with no Webex account and as an attendee with a Webex account but no Host Account permissions and was not able to select record with either account.  Verified this is true when joining using the browser and when using the Webex app as well.  

I'm hoping as well that this is not enabled for any attendee in a meeting.  Only the host and co-host should have these permissions.

Response Signature