cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio only works after testing speakers on each and every call

Daviator
Level 1
Level 1

My audio will only work on a new WebEx call if I test my speakers under Audio & Video > Speaker & Microphone Settings...  and then simply test the speakers. I make NO changes to to my speaker or mic selection, I simply need to test the speakers, each and every time. 

Any ideas as to why?

3 Replies 3

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@david A couple things to check:

1. Note that the Webex Meetings program has audio settings, as does the Webex App.  I have seen issues when the settings are not the same in both app and you are switching back and forth.  Although I feel like the coding has tightened up here recently.

2. Also check to be sure that you understand how you are configured in the Webex App > Settings > Join Options...whether you are using last join or using default. If you are set to default, your "last join" that you are testing may have different options.

Response Signature

My Meetings settings are set to use my last audio and video settings. 

What I do not understand is why it doesn't work on launch but then it does when simply testing the existing settings. 

If you're also using another meetings application, I've seen this issue happen when the other meetings app (often Microsoft Teams) does not release the audio and video settings until you click test in Webex.