cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blurry fonts in Webex App 42.6.0.22565

abimsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else notice font size has been increased but is now blurry in latest Webex App 42.6.0.22565? The sidebar and input areas are crisp, but the main chat window is blurry. It is subtle, but has definitely changed for the worse.  Example attached (edit: you'll have to download it and open it to see it without compression, the cisco viewer compresses it apparently).

Support refuses to acknowledge it so far: "Kindly note that this is not a buggy behavior as this is to enhance the accessibility and its consistent design on all OS".  

edit 8/16/22 -- installed 42.8.0.23214 where they added a font size slider.  fonts still blurry.  furthermore, the slider starts at a size bigger than the font used to be, so you cannot make the font size smaller which is my preference.  at least they don't list it as fixed on the bug link like i thought they would!

edit 2/3/23 -- installed 43.1.0.24716.  They modified the text slider in Settings -> Accessibility to include the original font size instead of starting at the new font size.  When choosing this size (the lowest ~12px) it seems better.  Not as good as the original (which I still have installed on one of my machines) but better.  There are still blurry components (the person's name above their messages which is like 2 points smaller (~10px) than everything else) and the user icon initials. So, overall better, but still bad at larger sizes.

edit 5/22/23 -- new ver 43.5.0.26155.  they added the ability to add groups to the list of conversations and stuff.  unfortunately they made the entire conversation list blurry like the original issue.  now, with the smallest text size, the right side of the app is fine now.  but, now the entire left side is blurry and does not respect the text size accessibility option.  I should add that I use compact view for the convo list.  Comparing them side by side is painful -- the list is so much blurrier!!  How does QA allow this past

6 Replies 6

mrichar2
Level 1
Level 1

Updated to 42.9.0.23494 which seems to have a text size slider. The new text looks like hot garbage. It is especially apparent on high resolution screens.

abimsupport
Level 1
Level 1

After escalating it 3x I got acknowledgement this is a bug:

The issue that you are experiencing, has been identified as a limitation in the current version and our engineering team has filed a bug to fix this in an upcoming release. While our mission is always to provide our customers with quick fixes, our team has not determined the date for this yet. I would recommend that you follow our tracking system to get future updates on this issue by visiting <https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwc21474>. The BUG status will be customer visible in next 24 hours.

Hi, is there any progress on this issue? It is a month now since the bug has been reported and no info since then about timeline, workaround or in which version it will be fixed. We had to stop the rollout to the newer versions containing the bug, so Cisco should report a status at least, please.

I am just an annoyed user/administrator.  I haven't heard anything since I got them to open the bug.  You would have to escalate with your CSR to try to get any timeline but I doubt you will have any success

TAC can't give any ETA for the bug fix, tried to push it, but there's no ETA from the BU.
We're already at 42.8 and still no fix...

we do have the same problem, still no fix after months. Seems like it will not be fixed soon...