cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I create a meeting template for audio only

AndyVitturini
Level 1
Level 1

I have users that want to use the audio function only. When Calls are scheduled the meeting invite has a load of information on joining the call including login in via webex or SIP calls. Is there a way to create an Audio only template. So when someone schedules an audio call it only has the dial information. Such as dial in numbers, meeting ID. 

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I don't think so, but truthfully, why would you want to? If someone WANTS to connect from their PC instead of via phone wouldn't you want to allow that option?

A workaround might be for users to use their personal meeting room info, which should always stay the same. They can simply send out the dial-in numbers and meeting ID/passcode as part of a calendar invite rather than letting Webex generate the invite contents. Alternatively, users could schedule the Webex meeting without inviting anyone, and then manually copy/paste the details they want to share in a separate invite.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

chrisconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can do this. Look at setting up PCN (personal conferencing) on your Webex site admin

AndyVitturini
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Wade.. This is helpful. 

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I don't think so, but truthfully, why would you want to? If someone WANTS to connect from their PC instead of via phone wouldn't you want to allow that option?

A workaround might be for users to use their personal meeting room info, which should always stay the same. They can simply send out the dial-in numbers and meeting ID/passcode as part of a calendar invite rather than letting Webex generate the invite contents. Alternatively, users could schedule the Webex meeting without inviting anyone, and then manually copy/paste the details they want to share in a separate invite.