cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Webex and the new Cisco Jabber be used at the same time? (Adding a weird issue too. Cisco WebEx Team welcome to comment!)

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

What I'm trying to do.. since WFH has become part of today's work-flow, we are using virtual customer service training. (This is for a call center.)

The way I plan to use it.. Only three people in a session. The instructor monitors audio as the student engages a caller. The instructor and student are using WebEx. The instructor is listening to the call coaching and assessing the student. Again.. using WebEx Computer Audio (Not call-in). Here is where my question about Cisco Jabber comes in. The student is using the Cisco Jabber Soft Phone App. I've directed the student to share their screen (this is so the instructor can monitor the data entries made) as well as make sure that use the computer audio is checked. This has worked but, sometimes a little clunky. The client doesn't need to be part of the instructor / student conversation though.

One weird thing that happened yesterday though.. everytime the instructor (presenter) shared their screen my WebEx Desktop App would freeze! I couldn't see the shared content or even mute / unmute myself. Nothing worked! Once the presenter stopped sharing I had my Desktop App back.. which remembered my mouse clicks too! (Hoping this is a weird occurance but happened on a couple of my accounts with the presenter).

I just read an article: https://help.webex.com/en-us/n1bli0k/Set-Up-Calling-Behavior-for-Cisco-Webex that may be useful once implemented. Which refers to Cisco Jabber.

Hopefully I have explained what the use is for, how we're currently achieving this and if there is any input / thoughts moving forward. Cisco Employees feel free to chime in.

1 Reply 1

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

My thoughts are.. using the same headset (Which they are using Plantronics for the Soft Phone Cisco Jabber) if the person has configured their WebEx account to use the same headset in their WebEx session.. click to share content... and make sure the box is checked to share computer audio the rest of the participants should be able to hear the conversation with the person who's not attending WebEx but, a client call. (Of course.. not muting the WebEx session). I was able to make this work but, it was intermittent so may be an end-user issue not remembering to configure their WebEx session. 

I am open to thoughts....