cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CANNOT Re-Order SECTIONS On WebEx Messaging App v43.7.0.26612 !!!

Adam G Alsop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

This functionality does not appear to work for me on Win10.  I can right-click on a NEW Name (ONLY after a DM) and select to MOVE it to a SECTION, but there is no way to move or re-order any SECTION.  Left-Click+HOLD+DRAG does NOTHING - Right-Click+HOLD+DRAG does NOTHING!  The only right-click options for a SECTION are:  RENAME / CREATE SECTION / COLLAPSE ALL SECTIONS / DELETE SECTION.  This is on Windows 10Pro x64 v19045.3086.

There is also no apparent "logic" to the order that Sections appear in after being created.  (Also, I DO mean SECTIONS and NOT Spaces).

I can drag & drop individual NAMES (to different SECTIONS only!) but not RE-ORDER the SECTIONS in any way.

Yes, I have gone through ALL the "Help" & FAQ items.  This seems like it should be such a simple & basic function.  I do not understand why SECTIONS are working (or not) the way they are.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

--- Adam

5 Replies 5

bethfrost
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on Windows 10 and the options to "Move Up, Move Down" are there but they do nothing. Are they supposed to work?

Version: 43.7.0.26612

Server URL: u2c-a.wbx2.com

43.7 is the July build. Update to at least 43.8 and it'll work. I believe the September 43.9 release went GA today.

Jose Nerio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam,

The feature is not available on the July GA version (43.7.0.26612), but I'm sure it will be available soon since users in test channels like myself can now reorder the sections. But again this is not available yet in the GA channel.

This was just enabled in the beta channel this morning. Feel free to join the beta program. Otherwise it should be out in August unless a defect is discovered that holds back the release date.

That is GREAT to hear!  It will be SO helpful!!!!   I'm not on the Beta (or the company isn't, as far as I know), but I've dealt with it this long, I can wait a bit longer, just thankful knowing it's coming.

--- Adam