cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Virtual Background

Jutharat
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to change the virtual background in the meeting. In the help article, they said that I have to click on 'Change Background' like in the first photo.

Screen Shot 2563-07-18 at 09.47.23.png
But, for me, It doesn't appear any 'Change Background' button. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

17 Replies 17

jinyi7
Level 1
Level 1

I think that the virtual background setting only works for Cisco Webex Meetings but not for Cisco Webex Training. Or I may be wrong. I don't see an option or button to change the virtual background when using Cisco Webex Training. Any thoughts on this?

@jinyi7 , correct: virtual backgrounds are not available in Webex Training on Mac and Windows (https://help.webex.com/en-us/nuizq5e/Enable-Virtual-Backgrounds-for-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Events-and-Training)

Response Signature

Avinash Gaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, @sandie_edwards @Jutharat @Snoda24 @Kathy N. @Sammo.

Other than the Webex versions and OS requirements, please make sure that you are referring and qualifying to the hardware requirements for your machines mentioned in the link below:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Suite#id_138414

There are very clear specifications on the processor and memory where the feature will work. The virtual background is a processor-intensive feature and your machine must qualify for the requirements.

If your machine qualifies for the requirements and you are still facing the issue, please open a TAC case. Go to the link below for opening a TAC case:

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

Avinash

Response Signature

Hello Avinash Gaur,

the problem is that my PC with an 1950x AMD Processor would surely fullfill the hardware requirements but is simply not on the list and thus the option is not enabled.

Best

Ivan Nikitin

It's not even an option. I can turn my camera on, turn it off, or play with picture settings.  That's it.

I am using installed Webex version 40.9.8.3

Processor: AMD® Ryzen™ 5 PRO 3400G Processor (3.70 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz Max Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 4 MB Cache)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64

Memory: 16 GB DDR4 2666MH

And your link just keeps telling me I don't have an account (which I do, I use it daily).

I wonder if this is related to a reported bug for Virtual Background Crashes Webex ClientCSCvv88245

sandie_edwards
Level 1
Level 1

The answers that were given were not helpful at all!  There is no "About", there is no place where I can check my version. This is not a very user friendly platlform...I am very disappointed.

@sandie_edwards , you can check the Webex version when you are in a meeting:
- If you are just using your browser (Web App), you click on the "i"-icon in the top left corner and then select "About"
- If you are using the desktop app on Mac, select "Webex Meetings > About Cisco Webex Meetings"
- If you are using the desktop app on Windows, select "Help > About Cisco Webex Meetings"

You can also check the Webex version when you are not in a meeting:
- Browse to the Webex site that you are using to join/host your Webex meetings
- Click on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner and then select "Download"
- On the next screen, click on the "i"-icon next to "Version information" in the middle of the screen

Hope this helps identifying the Webex version you are using.

Response Signature

Hi Goswin,

I *was* able to place a custom background image - once, but the '+' symbol is now greyed out. 
How can this be rectified?

Yes exactly, I was excited to be able to browse for my own background.  It worked once, now that option does not exist on my laptop, but does on the ipad.  thoughts?

I just figure it out. There is a limit to the number is custom images that can be placed into the gallery - 3.

Thanks anyway.

Snoda24
Level 1
Level 1

I'm Also up to date on my 2016 MacBook Pro and Webex but do not see the virtual background 

I've erase the device and install Webex again but issue persisted where I don't see the virtual background 

I made sure but device is on the latest version of Mac OS 

but I do not see the ability to change my background in the Webex 

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

On our Windows machines, you can click on the options icon (circle with 3 dots) and then select the speaker/microphone option and scroll to the bottom to see change background option.  It wasn't working yesterday but started working today.

Response Signature

Sammo
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem for me. I have the most recent update. 

mvyoung
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 40.8, on my windows 10 pc and also have the same problem. The option to change my background is not there in the app or on the web.  It's frustrating.

william.hegwood
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem, Jutharat.  I can't figure out what the problem is.  I can use virtual background on my iPhone but not on my 2019 MacBook Air.  I don't know how many cores my computer has.  I chose Webex over Zoom to start a video podcast but this has become a headache.  The website is not helpful because they present it as everyone automatically has the option to use a virtual background.   I'm at a loss.  Can you tell I'm frustrated.

rodolfobsantos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jutharat!

It is a new feature in Webex. Check if your version is one of these:

"For WBS40.6 sites and later on Mac, and for WBS40.7 or later on Windows, you can change your background before you join or at any time during the meeting.

System Requirements

• Mac— macOS High Sierra (version 10.13) or later and a processor with at least four cores. iMacs must be version 12,2 or later.

• Windows—2012 or later Windows 10 computer with an Intel Sandy Bridge or AMD Bulldozer processor or later."

You can check this in the engine on Webex Meetings, and then About.

More info: https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-Webex-Meetings-Events-and-Training

Best regards!