Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

different joining options and features available

Hello! 

I do not see a search button to see if this was already answered. (= a problem at WebEx that the user friendliness is just not there)

There are multiple ways to start a scheduled meeting---via email, via calender, via a pop-up reminder, via the site page. The features available then vary. This makes me crazy and I do not know where to best start to make sure  I have the chat function and all the breakout rooms. Which log on path is best and why are they not ALL the same when you do log on and have access to ALL the features?  It is extremely confusing to me as a regular user. 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Annalisa:

Thank you for your question. Right now there are 3 main differences in user experience, and the team continue to work hard and unify the experiences.

1. Desktop client (preferred experience) - To join using this experience you can launch the meeting from the top of the Webex app, or on the website if you click the scroll down of the green button, you can make sure you are launching the Desktop client

2. Web client - This is a WebRTC client which has limited features

3. Webex space meeting - This is also a different experience, and it's used when you schedule a space meeting in the app, in the future this will be the same experience as the Desktop client

I hope this helps. Happy to talk live if you prefer or have additional questions.