cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Far End Camera Control Webex App - Icon not showing

Robert B
Level 1
Level 1

So I have a cloud-based webex DX80 direct calling a cloud SX10 (same enterprise). Far End Camera Control works fine. Using my DX80, after the call connects, i tap participant and select the person I called, and i get an icon to control his camera, and I can pan and scan and zoom around him.

If I call the same SX10 from a Windows Webex Client, there is no icon for Far End Camera Control. If I call the SX10 from IOS Webex, latest version same account, again no far end camera control.  No changes to the SX10 - there is no speaker focus or camera tracking going on with the device. The SX10 is running Room OS 9.15.15.4

TLDRL Codec to Codec, FECC works. Webex app to Codec, no FECC. Anyone know what gives?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates??

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?

It's more that Cisco has not been able to resolve the issue. They do not offer far end camera control in Webex, unless you configure webex as an app on your call manager, and you only if you continue to utilize on-prem / expressway calling.

Absolutely gobsmacked, we were. We can't be the only health care organization that requires far end camera control with their Webex. No solution in sight per cisco