Views
Helpful
Replies

Full-text device search

Marcour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I don't know if this is the correct  forum, or if this is better posted in the devices section...

One thing that bothers me for years now is the missing full-text search capabilities in device search in the Webex app. When you search for a device to connect to, you need to know exactly how it is called. In our company devices are named like 'Company-Name Room 1.1.11' so when they enter a meeting the other participants know which company we are. But when users search for a device in the Webex app, they don't know the exact nomenclature and just enter the room number like '1.1.11', which is completely understandable. The Webex app does not show any devices then. You need to search for 'Company-Name Room' to get a list of devices. 

Is there any info if and hopefully when this will be fixed? 

Thanks!

André

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Just tested, when it was found and is in the recently used list, also a part of the device name is sufficiant...

I'd suggest to raise a TAC case and hope no to be sent to https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/...

Guess what I did a few monthts back and where I was sent...

If you want to vote it up, please do: Full-text search for devices in Webex app | User Community Feedback (aha.io)

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.