cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Travel and Using Webex

Paul.Kingsman
Level 1
Level 1

I see where the free version of Webex allows for international calls for up to 50 minutes. 

If you have a paid subscription, do the same rules apply that work when using Webex domestically? 

1 Accepted Solution

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Paul.Kingsman , just to be sure: are you using Webex Meetings or Webex Teams?

With Webex Meetings you will still be able to organize/join meetings with users who are in the US. It gives you the possibility to have virtual meetings with anybody, irrespective of your/their location. For the audio part you can just use your PC (VoIP) or use the Webex dial-in number of the country you are located (if available, and if enabled by your administrator).

With Webex Teams you can continue to make audio & video calls with other persons, irrespective of your/their location.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Paul.Kingsman , just to be sure: are you using Webex Meetings or Webex Teams?

With Webex Meetings you will still be able to organize/join meetings with users who are in the US. It gives you the possibility to have virtual meetings with anybody, irrespective of your/their location. For the audio part you can just use your PC (VoIP) or use the Webex dial-in number of the country you are located (if available, and if enabled by your administrator).

With Webex Teams you can continue to make audio & video calls with other persons, irrespective of your/their location.

Response Signature

Thanks so much, Goswin,
We use Webex Meetings, so sounds like I'll be fine to travel.
Really appreciate your prompt response.
Paul

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Paul.Kingsman , can you clarify what you mean with "free version of Webex allows for international calls for up to 50 minutes"? Is this something you have read on the Webex site?
With the free Webex version the only audio option is VoIP.

Response Signature

Thanks for clarifying, Goswin.
Our firm has a paid Webex subscription here in US. I'm travelling to New Zealand soon and hoping to be able to use Webex to talk with groups here in the US while I'm in NZ. Is that possible?
Thanks Goswin,
Paul