cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding Video of participants

VirtalPeguin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to hide participants' videos so participants can ONLY see the host's video, but the host can see everyone's video?

Can this be forced for all participants where participants have no option to view other participants video?

3 Replies 3

Mike Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

There is no built in way to restrict the video feed for participants. What you can do is pin the primary speaker in the active view so that when others speak, the view does not switch back and forth. Please see here for reference on this function:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/la12o0/Select-Who-You-Want-to-Focus-on-in-a-Cisco-Webex-Meeting

Response Signature

Can the host do this and does that apply it to everyone?

My school uses Webex Meetings for proctoring assessments and for class lessons and I don't want to show my face when I know someone can just screenshot me and give the photo to who they want. I've talked to my school and they are firm on the rules. I am unwilling to even do the assessments. I'd rather fail the assessment than have my photo everywhere. 

The host can force PIN the active speaker view to be the host only. However, all other video will still show in a thumbnail view, and it does not prevent an attendee from switching to grid view to see other participants.

However, now that you mentioned this was for a school, I would highly recommend having the school request information on our Education Connectors.

Response Signature