cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I create a UNIQUE access for each participant in a WebEx meeting?

John_Lux
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a meeting in which pre-registration is required

I have published the REGISTRATION link (not the meeting link)

I want to ensure that only the people who have successfully pre-registered are able to enter the meeting

BUT

All people who register and whose registrations are accepted by me receive the same meeting link ... so effectively, unless I have misunderstood something, any of them could share the link with someone who hadn't registered and that un-registered person would then be able to join the meeting.

Is there a way to generate unique meeting links for each registrant, or any other way to ensure that those who have registered and been accepted are the only ones able to enter the meeting please?

3 Replies 3

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@John_Lux
I am not sure about this but I think it would be very useful if Cisco could issue indiviual meeting-passwords to each participant.
I already suggested this almost a year ago in the official suggestion-forum, but received only a "need more info"-answer.

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-497

Thank you for the reply ... I feared it may be like that.
I have the impression that Cisco are not putting huge amounts of resource into making WebEx the product that it could be ... but I may be being very unfair. Certainly it seems a lot more clunky and more feature poor than Zoom, which itself is little more than adequate so wouldn't be that hard to beat.
Areas for improvement, just in the pre-registration and entry into meetings

1. Seamless integration with 3rd party software, e.g. MS Forms, to allow more intelligent targeted registration (if--> then--> else functionality)
2. Easier creation/editing of registration email templates (I am still trying to find someone in my new company who can enable this feature at all)
3. Ability to create a unique connection link per registered participant
4. Ability to change username within a meeting (this should be really basic ... but it looks like WebEx has a fundamental design flaw in this area).

And that's just the start!

@John_Lux 

Since I am in no way entitled to post statements on behalf of Cisco, I can only offer my private thoughts and opinion:
(in no particular order, just as it comes to my mind..)

- Cisco is a big enterprise but with limited B2C-experience.
But people like @Cole Callahan (for example) do a very good job in compensating/closing that gap.

- ressources: I dare to say, that I "feel" that Cisco recently gained momentum in it´s Webex development: I have seen more and bigger changes, improvements and advances in the recent months than before. But please keep in mind: Cisco-Clients are top enterprise Clients. Such companies usually don´t ask for "hip and fancy" but for reliable, safe and secure. This urges Cisco to choose it´s steps wisely.

- the Webex family of products is just one of hundreds, perhaps thousands of products in the Cisco portfolio. Zoom on the other hand has only one product: zoom.

- modern Cisco-Products across the range are designed to work seamlessly together with centralized management and administration - a real benefit for enterprise customers.

- I agree that Cisco should try to also take the requirements of smaller companies (and even individuals) into consideration.
I really would like to connect my standard Google-Account to my Webex-Account, for example.
or less "US-only"-thinking: since it´s very first release the Smartphone-App (Android) never managed to display the date in the calendar-view in the correct format (on a german Device); should be dd.mm.yyyy

- I guess there will always be some requirements a product can´t cover fully satisfactory but I don´t think that Webex lacks essential features compared to similar products. (I still have not figured out how to quote a message in MS Teams, for example..)

- Display Name: are you looking for this? https://help.webex.com/en-us/nvs03bq/Webex-Update-Your-Display-Name

(to me this feature is questionable since changing the name "just for fun" may possibly cause legal issues in an enterprise environment ...)

Please feel free to post more of your questions and "complaints": this forum is very well populated with supportive members.

Since I can confirm that Cisco is listening to customer feedback, please allow me to remind you to share your ideas and suggestions on how to further improve Webex here: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Thanks!