cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I remove a password requirement for guests to attend a webex meeting?

julia.budahazy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm inviting a guest to attend a Webex meeting and I want to allow them to join simply by clicking on the link in my email. 

I have looked for an hour trying to figure out how to remove the password requirement and I can't find a way to take this off. 

Previously this was not part of my Webex settings and people could freely join via the link without a password... 

How do I remove the requirement for a password? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Normally the Webex Meeting link has the password embedded in the hyperlink so anyone with the link is automatically joined to the meeting.  The password is only needed if someone selects "Join a Meeting" and has to type in the meeting ID.  You can change the password to something simpler but it is a required setting so you can't eliminate it.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Normally the Webex Meeting link has the password embedded in the hyperlink so anyone with the link is automatically joined to the meeting.  The password is only needed if someone selects "Join a Meeting" and has to type in the meeting ID.  You can change the password to something simpler but it is a required setting so you can't eliminate it.

Response Signature

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@julia.budahazy 

You may want to check the settings in the Webex Control Hub https://admin.webex.com/login (<site>/common settings).

Hi, still have not found the option to remove the password, to join the link without the password.

TX

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.