cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add a space to a Team

tgomesjo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello need help in how to add a space to a Team - sometime it works and sometimes I get an error message saying: 

Unable to add space to the Team at this time.  Please try again later 

Please help I am trying to consolidate some of the spaces into a team to be able to find them easily 

Regards

Tathyanna 

4 Replies 4

renukuma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't move a space into a team if:

• The space is moderated, but you aren't a moderator.
  • The space is part of another team.
  • The space is moderated, but the space moderators are not members of the targeted team.

Attached are simple screenshots to check if the space you are intending to add to a team falls in any of the above categories.

To check if the space moderators are team moderators as well or not, kindly go to the "Teams" icon >> Select the team in question >> and verify if the space moderators are the same as team moderators (review the screenshot)

Give this a thumbs up if you find this solution helpful.

Stay positive, Stay Safe !!

Kind regards,

Renu 

The check for being part of a team is not complete: If you are not a member of the team that the space is part of, you will not see the team's name. It will also not be shown in the CTRL+SHIF+K info.

The only way I know is using the Webex API to check: https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/rooms/get-room-details

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Does it work some time later for the same room? Or is the room maybe already part of a team your're not member of?

JOSEPHMOELLER
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that you know how to add a space to a team.  That is the only way I am aware.   Might make sense to open a TAC case if this "please try again later" message persists.