cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Join Webex Meeting Through Android App?

ngavrilovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I try to join a Webex meeting through the Webex app on my Android phone, it forces me to open a browser link and then call in to the meeting. I used to be able to join directly on the app and have the app's functionality (e.g., screen-sharing), but this changed after some of the app's updates.

Can anyone tell me how I can join meetings through the phone app, instead of calling in?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @ngavrilovic,

do you also have the Webex Meetings App installed on your phone? The Webex App itself cannot join Webex Meetings directly. but instead it cross-launches the (old) Webex Meetings App. This currently only applies to the mobile version of the Webex App.

Best regards,

Igor

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

bobbivin
Level 1
Level 1

I, too, used to be able to join meeting straight from the WebEx Android app, but now I cannot.  To make matters worse, it is forcing me to download and install Webex Meetings, but that install fails every time, with nothing but a generic "Can't install Webex Meetings".  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WebEx, clearing cache and resetting the Google Play Store and Services and every other logical or illegal remedy I could think of or find on the Internet.

First of all, please use the correct spelling: Webex, no capital E.

As Igor explained, the Webex App for Android still cross launces the Meetings app. You need both apps to join meetings from your mobile.

Does your phone meet the listed min-requirements? https://help.webex.com/fz1e4b/

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10e running Android 12, it seems to meet or exceed all requirements.

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @ngavrilovic,

do you also have the Webex Meetings App installed on your phone? The Webex App itself cannot join Webex Meetings directly. but instead it cross-launches the (old) Webex Meetings App. This currently only applies to the mobile version of the Webex App.

Best regards,

Igor

@Igor Lukic

Installing the Webex Meeting app worked. Even though I don't have a Webex Meeting account, the app launches when I join a meeting through my account on the Webex app.

Thanks!

Hi @Igor Lukic,

Do I need a Webex Meetings account? I installed it, but when I tried to sign in, it gave me a message that my account doesn't have access. So, I use the app called just "Webex".

When the app used to be Webex Teams, I was able to join meetings with video, screen-sharing, etc.

Thanks.