cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view all participants' video while I share my screeen?

W&N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! We are relatively new to WebEx, and have a problem while sharing screen. We are preparing to lead a seminar where we present hundreds of powerpoint slides to the participants. We expect up to 30 participants, in addition to our host and presenter. However, during our prep sessions, the participants' videos disappear when we start to share screen. All the presenter sees is their shared screen, and the participant, chat, and other panels (which can be toggled on and off). The problem is we need to see the faces of our participants so we know when to move on to the next slide. It would be too distracting to have everyone keep their microphones on and say 'done' when they're finished copying down the slide's content. Any advice is appreciated!

3 Replies 3

F9928000
Level 1
Level 1

In Webex meeting, when I screen share , participants no longer see a video of me, only my initials. How do I screen share and have them still see a thumbnail of me?

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The general nature of most meeting tools is when a screen share takes place, it becomes the dominant view and video's are placed in a film strip or picture in picture view.

The best way for a presenter to get around this is to have dual screens. With 2 screen setup, you can change the layout to floating panel - in which you can move the video participants to the second screen, and change them to full screen view. This will maintain the screen share on Monitor 1, and the video in full focus on monitor 2.

Hi Mike, this does not really answer the question or help. If you need to present a presentation, and you would like to see participants above what you're presenting and not looking off to the side (to a second monitor) to read their reaction. Funnily, a colleague can get this to work and can present and see participants as thumbnail (stack); not sure why floating panel is the only view available for me. The floating panel, if you only have one screen is seen as a greyed out box, very distracting for participants and also obstructs what you are trying to present. Thanks anyway.