cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Image preview missing in messages

Dave_Hayward
Level 1
Level 1

Recently all of the preview images are no longer displaying in the messages section of Webex. This includes the GIF's. I have a large blank space where the image preview would normally be displayed, but I have to click that space to see the actual image. I have the same version of Webex as my co-workers. Is there a cache for images that needs to be cleared? Do I need to try to uninstall and re-install Webex?

Ideas, suggestions?

5 Replies 5

fobuttry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, doing an Uninstall/Reinstall didn't fix the issue. Uninstalled Webex, rebooted and cleaned out the Webex folder in Program Files (x86), reinstalled. No joy. No graphics or documents previews are show. I have to click on the blank space to get the item to be displayed. It's really annoying to only get a blank area where a document preview should be.

Yeah I agree - its been annoying, I have been trying to tackle this for some time myself, It just worked for me (removing all Webex folders remaining under the Program Files after the uninstall) and then reinstalling.

I am on Windows 11.  I didn't even have to reboot. Then only thing I can think of in addition would be go into your user profile>AppData>Local>Webex (And delete that folder as well - after the uninstall).

Because it is storing your profile cache somewhere (And the glitch for me, seemed to be in my local workstation profile). I tested this by logging into webex on 3 labs computers and did not have the issue and could see previews of images, which gave me the idea to make sure to blow away any 'footprints' webex was leaving on my PC after the uninstall. Sorry that did not work for you

ShannonAF_0-1667335730682.png

ShannonAF
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have the answer, this just worked for me. Uninstall Webex from your control panel / Programs and features. Once the uninstall is complete, go to your C:\Program Files (Depending on the original install location) and remove the webex folder that is left after the uninstall. Reinstall Webex.  Any customize setting will be gone but you can now see your images. I wish I would have tried this before responding to the other post Hope this works for you! 

Screenshot 2022-11-01 141240.jpg

Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. Running webex version (42.9.0.23494). Uninstall and re-install did not solve the preview problem of webpages/images. Health checker says everything works ok but it obviously does not. Suggestions are very welcome.

Tried the same, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times without success.  Version 42.10.0.23814

Screenshot 2022-11-01 141240.jpg