cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to mark messages as unread?

T. van Hengstum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm quite often in the situation in which I receive and read a message that needs an action or reply. Sometimes I don't have the time or possibility to reply instantly. To remind me of this pending task I would like to mark the message (or thread) as unread.

Is there a possibility to do this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is currently no option to mark a message as unread, although it looks like this feature is coming in the next 90 days:
Webex Meetings and Webex (formerly Webex Teams) - Cisco Community

Also, consider other options for following up on messages:

- You can flag any message (click the flag icon when hovering over). In your spaces list, there is a filter option for "Flags" which which show you all messages you've flagged. 

- There is an option to "Peek" into a space. This allows you to read messages without marking them as read. Do this by right-clicking the space, and selecting "Peek". On mobile, I think you can long-press the space to see the peek option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is currently no option to mark a message as unread, although it looks like this feature is coming in the next 90 days:
Webex Meetings and Webex (formerly Webex Teams) - Cisco Community

Also, consider other options for following up on messages:

- You can flag any message (click the flag icon when hovering over). In your spaces list, there is a filter option for "Flags" which which show you all messages you've flagged. 

- There is an option to "Peek" into a space. This allows you to read messages without marking them as read. Do this by right-clicking the space, and selecting "Peek". On mobile, I think you can long-press the space to see the peek option.

Dear Wade,

thanks a lot for your help! I wasn't aware of the flag option or the peek functionality. Let's hope the mark as unread function will indeed be rolled out, but in the meantime I'm happy with the alternative solution!

Cheers, Thomas