cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue Sharing Content in VDI Environment

JDevan
Level 1
Level 1

We have started seeing a growing issue in our environment. We have widepsread instances of users having issues viewing shared content. The symptom is users will see a grey screen with a message saying "user x is starting to share content..." but it never goes on to eventually share the content. Sometimes if the person sharing content stops sharing, then shares again, the content will appear. This does not always fix the problem. Others in the same meeting can see the content just fine. I have not been able to determine common factors between those who can see content and those who do not. In doing some testing, I believe this is related to the VDI plugin. We are a Citrix VDI environment. On my VDI instance, the webex meetings app is 42.2.3.3 and the plugin is 41.12.6.12, which is still within the compatibility range of N-3. When I have this issue in the VDI, I can join the same meeting from the thin client or the mobile app and see the content just fine. Has anyone else come across this issue? I have not seen it in any other threads, or acknowledged in any release notes. 

2 Replies 2

JDevan
Level 1
Level 1

We applied the newest VDI plugin 42.2.3.3 to my thin client and so far I have gone about 24 hours without experiencing the issue. In speaking with a colleague, Cisco just noted in our ticket we have open that this patch should fix that issue. So @DON PETERSON if you have not tried it, give that a shot and see if that fixes the problem.

DON PETERSON
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing this issue quite often as well in our VDI environment, although we are using VMware Horizon.