cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lost webex recording to computer

catherine2
Level 1
Level 1

I recorded a webex meeting yesterday to my computer - saw the "start converting message" then left

Came back to my computer later and no message about it being converted / can't find it anywhere

Another family member had shut my laptop but not sure if that was before or after conversion had finished

No sign of file anywhere - no messages - any suggestions on where to search to try and salvage this

Also if you're meant to leave your computer "open" for conversion to be successful - why is there no "conversion in progress - do not shut computer" warning message - I cant be the only person this has happened to ...

1 Reply 1

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

When you began the recording, the system would have asked you where you wanted to save the recording.  It will be in the same folder.  If you're not sure where you saved it, try starting a recording in a meeting again and see which folder it wants to save the recording it.   It is most likely the same folder where the missing recording is saved also.

When you save on your computer, it won't send a message telling you the recording is ready.  As long as it has time to save it before the computer powers off, it should finish compiling the video but it will depend on your "close the lid" settings on your device as it does take a little bit of time to finish processing the recording once the meeting has ended.

Response Signature