cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing functionality in the all new Webex app Windows 10

Florian_Soucek
Level 1
Level 1

The new Webex app (colourful logo) lacks countless functions when I am in an active meeting. Starting with the fact that I - as a fully registered user no longer have a menu available (not even a hidden one that I could show) although in the host role. I no longer have any control options at all while sharing content. Neither can I give someone else control during the sharing, nor can I fade in or mute the participants or anything else. I have this problem regardless of whether I log in with the company account or with a free account. The problem occurs in the new Webex Windows10 64-bit app. I had to install the "old" Webex Meetings app (blue-green logo) to be able to use all the functions again. Can anyone help?

3 Replies 3

Florian_Soucek
Level 1
Level 1

same issue in the Webex App for Mac

@Florian_Soucek 

During one of the presentations at the Cisco Live 2021 - the presenter explained that the Webex-Client (formerly Webex-Teams) does not provide the "full meeting experience" by default, but..
grafik.png
...perhaps a TAC-case is enough?  https://help.webex.com/contact

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

The long-term plan is that the Webex app will natively support all of the full-featured meetings capabilities. It is not there yet though. Webex Meetings is still a totally separate platform with some inter-operability with the Webex (Teams) app. Cisco has been marketing the new app and pushing it out to Meetings users prematurely, unfortunately. The solution for now is to keep using the old Meetings app, which is still being updated regularly with features and fixes.

If you are a corporate client, you may be able to reach out to your CSM and have them enable the cross-launch capabilities for your organization, which essentially leverages the Meetings app in the background to enable the full meeting functionality within the new Webex app. My understanding is that this is a temporary workaround until the capabilities are available natively, which, last I heard was planned to be completed within the first half of 2021. I wouldn't hold them to that though, as they pretty much said the same thing LAST year. 

Check out page 23 of this doc for more details on enabling the full-featured meetings experience:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/mcp/DEPLOYMENT_MEETINGS_WebexMeetingsApp_to_Webex.pdf