cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Webex chat is a blank white screen, How do I fix it?

saradpatel
Level 1
Level 1

So My Webex chat isn't working and it's been like this for 3 days, and I've installed the newest Webex. The chat is enabled however, it won't work because I can't see any messages or write any, it is a blank slate. I've asked my friends for help as well but they didn't know how to help. May somebody help me resolve this issue?

15 Replies 15

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Matthew that fixed my same issue on Win 10 ver 21H2 and Workstation 16.2

wrb
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you tried to reset the Webex App Cache - it can be done via this method:

How Do I Clear the Cache for Webex?

This was very helpful. And it fixed it without uninstalling WebEx 

Yes.

After uninstalling I deleted all data in my user profile's app data folder, and manually checked for any files remaining in the Program Data or Program File directories.

After reinstalling, the chat window is still white, as in the picture above.

I am experiencing the same issue. All of the methods described in this string, have failed to work. This is only happening on one machine. It is a Win 10 ver 21H2 VM on Vmware workstation 16. I can open Webex teams in another Win 10 machine ( same version) and I see the messages without any issues. This is happening in multiple public groups.

Hi rglauser,

Disable 3D graphics for that VM on VMware Workstation settings.

Regards,

Daniel C.

I have the same issue.  Disabling hardware acceleration in the VM works, but I needed it for other applications.  A work around I found was to edit the VM vmx file and add the lines:

mks.enableDX11Renderer = "FALSE"
mks.enableGLRenderer = "TRUE"

This switches the renderer to GLRenderer, which does not have the same issue and allows continued use of hardware acceleration.

Regards,

Matthew J.

Thanks Matthew. I ended up disabling 3D graphics and adding the two lines you referenced to stabilize my instance of webex on a VM. 

This helped fix the issue for my customer. Thanks Matthew.

yerp But nope
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue. Only happens on one machine. Tried changing the theme; tried changing my UI scaling; reinstalling; uninstalling, removing all the old files manually, AND THEN reinstalling. Nothing.

If I double-click the space or chat to open it in a separate window, it loads fine. It's only in the main webex app, and only on one computer.

James1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hey saradpatel,

I have encountered this issue while working as IT within a Fortune 500 company. 
I have found that this issue sometimes can corrispond to an appearance issue and have had some success by simply adjusting the settings. 

Click the menu on the top left corner,

Select Settings > Select Appearance > Choose a different Theme. 

The application will restart to adjust the theme. This should resolve this issue. You can change the appearance back to default is that is what you had before, fix should stay as well.

Hope this helps. 

James W.

IvanOgotai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi; I have this problem too, on the windows 10 Webex App (that I've being using since webex teams), works fine on the mobile app, I cant read/send any message on any conversation (either workspace, group or personal), the message section apears in blank just with the in progress circle loop icon, I've restarted the laptop, reinstalled the Webex app, reset the database, none of this is working.

I appreciate any advice on this...

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried changing your display settings to adjust the scaling?  If you are at 125% under Windows>Display>Scale and layout, try setting to 100%.  Also, if you have another monitory, see if the issue exists on another monitor.  There have been issues in the past, similar to this, with 4K monitors.

Response Signature

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is this in the new Webex (Teams) app? Weird issues are often resolved by simply resetting the local database.

Profile pic -> Help -> Health Checker -> Reset Database

warren.collins
Level 1
Level 1

Did you figure out how to fix this? I'm having the same issue.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.