cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New arrows to move between recent Spaces

jgaffney
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed new arrows, at top of window near Search, to move between recent Spaces.

arrows.jpg

The arrows seem to work like this - 

• Arrows move between two recent Spaces
  • Right arrow only moves down
  • When next Space is reached, clicking right arrow does nothing
  • Left arrow only moves up
  • When next Space is reached, clicking left arrow does nothing

This is poor design.  Why bother stopping, making me press a different option to go back, stopping, different option again to go back the other way.

As it is a binary situation between two most recent Spaces, a better option is looping.  Every time I click an arrow, I move to the previous Space.

Even better is a single double ended arrow such as this -   arrows 2.jpg   - that goes from one to the other.

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is not the experience I have. The arrows navigate back and forth through recently accesses spaces/pages. Furthermore, right-clicking an arrow will show the list of historical spaces/pages. Seems to work much like a browser's back/forward button.

As a test, click through a bunch of spaces randomly in your space list. Then use the back arrow to navigate back through those spaces. If the forward button is greyed out, it's because you are already in your most recently accessed space.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is not the experience I have. The arrows navigate back and forth through recently accesses spaces/pages. Furthermore, right-clicking an arrow will show the list of historical spaces/pages. Seems to work much like a browser's back/forward button.

As a test, click through a bunch of spaces randomly in your space list. Then use the back arrow to navigate back through those spaces. If the forward button is greyed out, it's because you are already in your most recently accessed space.

Yes, my mistake.  I only had two Spaces opened.  Once I had more, the arrows worked as you described. THX!