cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with pasting images into webex (webex teams) chat. image is all blown out (opacity?).

dvincent1
Level 1
Level 1

ok so here goes:

with the last two updates or so (I'm currently on version 40.12.0.17322) i noticed that any image (like a png) that i paste from the clipboard into a webex (webex teams) chat shows up with the image being all blown out.. 

for example this image before pasting looks like this:

2020-12-09_10h35_32.png

but when i paste it from the clipboard it looks like this:

2020-12-17_20h15_32.png

see all blown out.. maybe opacity? with images where text is shown and light.. they effect is to make the image unreadable..

now if i click on the image and it opens into a separate window it can be viewed correctly.. this happens most of the time

2020-12-17_20h18_02.png

is anyone have this issue? also before anyone mentions this only happens on windows.. here is an image of the result showing up on ios with the mobile app:

2020-12-17_20h23_06.png

so has anyone has this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

dvincent1
Level 1
Level 1

2020-12-18_10h03_17.jpg

This issue seems to be just related to PNG files only. if you use a screen capture tool (like screenpresso) you can change the default image format to something else other than PNG, like JPG or GIF and the issue doesn't seem to occur. not a solution, but a workaround until the problem is acknowledged by the webex development team and fixed.. (.. is this mic on??)

to change the format do the following

1. right-click on the screenpresso icon in the system tray
  2. choose settings
  3. select the screenshot tab
  4. change the format from PNG to JPG or GIF
  5. click ok to save the changes

*: this doesn't apply to existing images, only new screenshots. in a pinch you could just bring up one the existing images and screenshot the image window.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dvincent1
Level 1
Level 1

2020-12-18_10h03_17.jpg

This issue seems to be just related to PNG files only. if you use a screen capture tool (like screenpresso) you can change the default image format to something else other than PNG, like JPG or GIF and the issue doesn't seem to occur. not a solution, but a workaround until the problem is acknowledged by the webex development team and fixed.. (.. is this mic on??)

to change the format do the following

1. right-click on the screenpresso icon in the system tray
  2. choose settings
  3. select the screenshot tab
  4. change the format from PNG to JPG or GIF
  5. click ok to save the changes

*: this doesn't apply to existing images, only new screenshots. in a pinch you could just bring up one the existing images and screenshot the image window.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.