cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Programmer

Tom Straley
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating from another program to WebEx. In my mind, WebEx has two inherent drawbacks:

1. I know I can add a contact to my contacts folder, but the default view is such that any contact who has ever contacted me (or vice versa) stays in my list of spaces forever. With our old program, that list got cleaned out every time you rebooted your PC.

2. With our old program, we used to be able to create a "group chat" where we could invite people on the fly and you could close the chat when you were finished. Under WebEx, it feels like every "group chat" creates a unique space (with that unique combo of people in it) which again remains in your list of spaces forever. (Honestly, I'm not even sure if I can create a "group chat" in WebEx.)

2 Replies 2

Anthony Ortiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

You can "leave the space" if you want to remove the conversation or the contact from your list.  For group chats, you can create teams with groups of people, or have spaces with multiple people.

-Anthony

Hello Anthony,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Do you think there is any way (maybe via setting) that the list of spaces could be cleared out whenever you start up the program? I have my list of (frequent) contacts and I would like them to remain, but my list of spaces has everyone who has ever contacted me (and vice versa).
Thank you!
Tom Straley