cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question Regarding Unidentified Participants in Live Meeting

Mcallister
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question regarding live meetings.  If an unidentified person joins the meeting, how can I address that person privately without other participants hearing? I am told there is a way for me to get off camera, mute myself and the unidentified participant and converse with the unidentified participant, and then rejoin the meeting.

Thanks so much.

Sheri mcAllister

3 Replies 3

Andy Chen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • I'm not sure if this feature exists in meetings.
  • I feel like this is a situation where you might have to chat with Unidentified Participants individually to confirm their identity.
  • In case of uncertainty, you can first reduce the user's rights.
  • Turning on Breakout sessions is a good option if you want to talk to him alone.
  • The key is to confirm the identity after communication, perhaps the other party is operating error, is actually normal guests.

•  

Thank you so much for your response. How do I handle this if the unidentified person is joining by telephone only

• If the host starts the meeting through the client, chat,breakout sessions, and move to lobby can also be used to communicate with guests.(Guests are call-in/back scenarios).
  • Pure teleconferencing scenario I'm not familiar with this situation, you can look for other solutions