cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: When you run a meeting from Webex(teams) does it use the version of Meetings you have installed on your computer?

PMartinez_SLCo
Level 1
Level 1

The other day I was training a few users on some new features in meetings. When I started showing break out sessions they were not seeing that option in the more menu. I found out that they were still on 41.1 or 41.2 in Meetings. That made me wonder does Webex use meetings even though you join from Webex? 

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

The answer is a big, confusing, "it depends". If Meetings cross-launch has been enabled for your organization, then meetings using a scheduled or personal meeting ID will launch the installed version of Webex Meetings behind the scenes. If it hasn't been enabled, then it will use the native Webex (Teams) UI which is not full featured and has limited compatibility (e.g., no breakout rooms, no chat, etc.). If it is a meeting within a Team Space, it will always use the native Webex (Teams) limited meeting UI.

A 10X better experience, right? /s

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

The answer is a big, confusing, "it depends". If Meetings cross-launch has been enabled for your organization, then meetings using a scheduled or personal meeting ID will launch the installed version of Webex Meetings behind the scenes. If it hasn't been enabled, then it will use the native Webex (Teams) UI which is not full featured and has limited compatibility (e.g., no breakout rooms, no chat, etc.). If it is a meeting within a Team Space, it will always use the native Webex (Teams) limited meeting UI.

A 10X better experience, right? /s