cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording button not showing in my scheduled meeting (where I am the host)

I had an interview yesterday which I scheduled in advance. When I launched the interview through my desktop app, there was no record option. When I check in my personal meeting room, the option is there. I have read online that I can simply change some settings in the preferences tab in the desktop app, but this tab is not showing up for me. I have also read that I should enable something through my webex site settings so I can make the recording tab visible, but when I try to access these I get the error message that I am unauthorized to do so. So I am kind of stuck here and I was hoping you have any pointers on how to proceed. Apologies if this is an obvious question, I am new to Webex. 

2 Replies 2

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since I do not know any details of your config, allow me to offer some basic answers:

- there are different license levels: the free Webex-license does not allow recordings to the Cisco-Cloud but only to your local computer.

(in Europe: the GDPR forbids cloud-recordings (to non-EU-Clouds) anyway...)

- since Webex is a business-tool, it offers central management for the IT-Department.
If you are using your Webex-Account as part of the employer-provided infrastructure, the recording-feature may perhaps have been disabled by the administrator. (e.g. my employer - who sadly uses another conferencing solution- strictly forbids any kind of Video/audio-call-recording..)

- general: since Cisco is listening to it´s customers the products are in constant evolution (?). Right now we see that the "classic" Webex-Meetings and the "all new Webex" (formerly called Webex-Teams, formerly called Cisco Spark) cover a very similar feature-set, slowly merging.

Until this process is finished, it seems to be best practise to have installed both: the Webex-Client (the one that looks like teams or slack etc.) and the "classic" Webex-Meetings-Client (the one with the very "lean" interface: just "join" or "schedule", no Chat..)

Thank you for your response. I am using the free license, and I am attempting to record and store it locally. I am not using it as part of an organisation/company. I will be sure to add the classic client as well and see if that makes a difference.